Is there a working version? And a Few Questions?

Jan 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Edited Jan 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Is there a working version? As of JAN 2012 with with the current version of JIRA?

I downloaded the most recent version build #13736 and I see a lot of problems..  I am normally only experienced with vb.net not C# so I could very well be misunderstood.

I was reading this article http://blogs.atlassian.com/2011/04/error_reporting_tracking_and_communication_with_smartassembl/  and it suggests that it's ready to go and start using but don't see how that's possible.

In the Source Code it states "Switch binding back to JIRA 4 for the moment"  I am using the hosted version of JIRA how can I tell what version am I using?  Am I to understand that this is not working with the current version and it was rolled back?

The Documentation  was great but I the version has changed on the atlassian.net server so I kinda had to muddle thru it...  I had to stop in my tracks when it came to modifing the SaJiraSync.exe.config file..

http://sasync.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Configuring%20sajirasync  #1

did you mean the app.config file.

Also on this page. http://sasync.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Configuring%20sajirasync   #5  did we need another server for sql or we using something on atlassian.net ?

Please don't tell me that this is a dead project.. from what I can tell it started only in April 2011. 

On the code I do notice that CSharp and Visual Basic 2010 IDE's were used.. maybe this is why I can't get it to compile at all?

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Hi Dave.  I'm Jason, a software tester at RedGate on the SmartAssembly project. In answer to your questions:

1. It works with JIRA 4 and 5, but with specific builds of these.  I'll get back to you with more details on this.
  2. On compilation with VS, the app.config is compiled into SaJiraSync.exe.config in the build output directory.  So edit the app.config, or if you prefer you can edit SaJiraSync.exe.config once it's deployed.
  3. This SQL Server refered to in #5 is the local SQL server you're using to store your SmartAssembly error reports. This step has nothing to do with JIRA or Atlassian.  This SQL Server name is given in the Options page in the SmartAssembly UI.
  4. This is not a dead project, we use it here at RedGate! 
  5. I'm sorry you can't compile it. What IDE are you using? If you can tell us the compile errors you're getting, we should be able to help.

Coordinator
Jan 13, 2012 at 3:14 PM

To fill in the gap in #1, it does in fact support either JIRA 4.3 or JIRA 5, it's just that it's a small code change to switch between them. The code change is exactly what's in the commit you noticed, http://sasync.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/13716

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:45 PM

1.  I question does it matter if it's the Jira downloaded version or the hosted version of Jira.. the reason I ask is the document shows a different style.  I was able to read thru the lines and get it setup but I had to do a lot of searching compared to the screen shots. Using the hosted (on Jira's host) version I don't know how to tell what version I am using.

2.  I am using Visual Studio 2010 and I noticed that I can't find system.core in the 3.5 frame work,  Funny thing is that I can start a new project targeting the 3.5 but this project states that I am missing it..  I found the system.core in it's directory but for some reason this project don't like it..  there are other missing references also but system.core was the one I was trying to fix.  Last night I removed all the frameworks and trying to reinstall Visual Studio and all the frameworks up to 3.5 to see if that fixed it... I will let you know later.

I recently moved from doing development work in 3.5 to v4.0 and I am not sure if on of the updates for v4 did something to 3.5 or even 3.5.1

3.  Is there any possible way that you can compile an exe version for people to download?

Thanks for the response, I like to know that you guys are watching this forum.. I was kinda feeling kinda looney with mine as the only post.  I am going to try to get this to work before my eval expires on both JIRA and SmartAssembly.

Thanks,

David

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Edited Jan 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Well I finished re-installing my Visual Studio 2010 and it still did not work... for some reason I can't compile using framework 3.5.  mainly because System.core was not working correctly.  It seems that it was compiled with a different version that I currently have on my machine.

So I changed the framework to v4.0.. I noticed about half the project was using v4 framework anyway.  I fixed a few lines of code that were ambiguous and now I can compile it with out errors in the build process.

Also not sure if it made a difference or not but I changed it from any cpu to target the X86 in a effort to try to minimize problems.

But when I am running the console application I get this error.

C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\SaJiraSync\bin\x86\Debug>SaJiraSync
2012-01-14 13:14:33,272 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Started
2012-01-14 13:14:33,334 [1] FATAL SaJiraSync.Program Exiting
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Required attribute 'jiraServe
r' not found. (C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\SaJiraSync\bin\x86\Deb
ug\SaJiraSync.exe.config line 70)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.EvaluateOne(String[] keys, Se
ctionInput input, Boolean isTrusted, FactoryRecord factoryRecord, SectionRecord
sectionRecord, Object parentResult)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.Evaluate(FactoryRecord factor
yRecord, SectionRecord sectionRecord, Object parentResult, Boolean getLkg, Boole
an getRuntimeObject, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String co
nfigKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Bool
ean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
   at System.Configuration.Configuration.GetSection(String sectionName)
   at SaJiraSync.Program.RunOnce(IDynamicValueCompiler`1 dynamicValueCompiler) i
n C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\SaJiraSync\Program.cs:line 65
   at SaJiraSync.Program.Main() in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Sa
JiraSync\Program.cs:line 42

C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\SaJiraSync\bin\x86\Debug>

I called my self looking but I don't see jiraServer as a attribute in SaJiraSync.exe.config

Here is my SaJiraSync.exe.config file... minus my real password.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <section name="log4net" type="log4net.Config.Log4NetConfigurationSectionHandler, log4net" />
    <section name="jira" type="SaJiraSync.Config.Jira.JiraSection, SaJiraSync"/>
    <section name="email" type="SaJiraSync.Config.Email.EmailSection, SaJiraSync"/>
    <section name="downloadstatisticswarning" type="SaJiraSync.Config.DownloadStatisticsWarning.DownloadStatisticsWarningSection, SaJiraSync"/>
    <section name="plugins" type="SaJiraSync.Config.Plugins.PluginsSection, SaJiraSync"/>
    <section name="closer" type="SaJiraSync.Config.Closer.CloserSection, SaJiraSync"/>
    <sectionGroup name="pluginConfig">
      <!-- Insert the section types for any plugin config sections you want to use -->
    </sectionGroup>
  </configSections>
  <log4net debug="false">
    <!-- This accepts standard log4net configuration settings -->
    <appender name="ConsoleAppender" type="log4net.Appender.ConsoleAppender">
      <target value="Console.Error" />
      <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">
        <conversionPattern value="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger %message%newline" />
      </layout>
    </appender>
    <appender name="RollingLogFileAppender" type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">
      <file value="SaJiraSync.log" />
      <appendToFile value="false" />
      <rollingStyle value="Once" />
      <maxSizeRollBackups value="10" />
      <maximumFileSize value="10MB" />
      <lockingModel type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender+MinimalLock" />
      <immediateFlush value="true" />
      <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">
        <conversionPattern value="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger %message%newline" />
      </layout>
    </appender>
    <root>
      <level value="ALL" />
      <appender-ref ref="ConsoleAppender" />
      <appender-ref ref="RollingLogFileAppender" />
    </root>
    <!-- Activate a namespace or type logger like this: -->
    <!--<logger name="SaJiraSync.Program">
      <level value="WARN" />
    </logger>-->
  </log4net>
  <system.serviceModel>
    <bindings>
      <basicHttpBinding>
        <binding name="jirasoapservice-v2SoapBinding" closeTimeout="00:01:00"
            openTimeout="00:01:00" receiveTimeout="00:10:00" sendTimeout="00:01:00"
            allowCookies="false" bypassProxyOnLocal="false" hostNameComparisonMode="StrongWildcard"
            maxBufferSize="2097152" maxBufferPoolSize="524288" maxReceivedMessageSize="2097152"
            messageEncoding="Text" textEncoding="utf-8" transferMode="Buffered"
            useDefaultWebProxy="true">
          <readerQuotas maxDepth="32" maxStringContentLength="524288" maxArrayLength="16384"
              maxBytesPerRead="4096" maxNameTableCharCount="262144" />
          <security mode="None">
            <transport clientCredentialType="None" proxyCredentialType="None"
                realm="" />
            <message clientCredentialType="UserName" algorithmSuite="Default" />
          </security>
        </binding>
      </basicHttpBinding>
    </bindings>
    <client>
      <!-- Insert your JIRA server hostname here -->
      <endpoint address="http://trafficbrowser.atlassian.net/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2"
          binding="basicHttpBinding" bindingConfiguration="jirasoapservice-v2SoapBinding"
          contract="JiraSoap.JiraSoapService" name="jirasoapservice-v2" />
    </client>
  </system.serviceModel>
  <jira>
    <!-- Login details to the JIRA server -->
    <login username="smartassembly" password="ichangedmypassonthepost" />
    <search maxNumResults="100"/>
    <!-- openGrokServer server="http://wwwcode.myopengrok.example.com" /> -->
    <fields>
      <exceptionTypeField name="Exception Type"/>
      <methodTypeField name="Method Type"/>
      <methodField name="Method"/>
      <exceptionReportHashField name="Exception Report Hash"/>
      <earliestBuildSeenField name="Earliest Build Seen"/>
      <latestBuildSeenField name="Latest Build Seen"/>
      <buildFixedOnField name="Build Fixed On"/>
      <automaticEmailField name="Automatic Email"/>
      <reportCountField name="Report Count"/>
    </fields>
    <resolvedStatuses>
      <resolvedStatus name="Resolved"/>
      <resolvedStatus name="Closed"/>
    </resolvedStatuses>
    <fixedResolutions>
      <fixedResolution name="Fixed"/>
      <fixedResolution name="Cannot Reproduce"/>
      <fixedResolution name="No longer valid"/>
    </fixedResolutions>
    <actions>
      <reopenAction name="Reopen Issue"/>
    </actions>
    <issueTypes>
      <projectLinkIssueType name="SA Project Link"/>
      <bugIssueType name="AutoBug"/>
    </issueTypes>
  </jira>
  <email enabled="false">
    <!-- Enter the smtp server that should be used to send the contents of the bug's 'Automatic Email' field
    to a user when they encounter a known bug -->
    <smtp host="mail.trafficbrowser.com"/>
  </email>
  <!-- The maximal-tolerable report-download time in seconds. If this is exceeded, a relevant warning is logged. -->
  <downloadstatisticswarning enabled="false" maxtolerableseconds="900"/>
  <closer>
	<!-- A set of JQL queries which are run, and all results are closed. Use this for rare crashes. -->
    <prefix jql="issuetype = AutoBug AND status in (Open, Reopened) AND " />
    <searches>
      <search jql="project = SOC AND fixVersion IS NULL AND updated &lt; '-22d'" />
    </searches>
  </closer>
  <plugins>
    <bugProcessors>
      <!-- Insert the type and assembly of bug processing plugins you wish to add -->
      <!-- This should be a generic type implementing IPluginComponent with type parameters [TBug, TBugDef] -->
      <!-- <plugin type="MyPluginNamespace.MyPluginType`2, MyPluginAssembly" /> -->
    </bugProcessors>
  </plugins>
  <pluginConfig>
    <!-- Insert any plugin config you need here -->
  </pluginConfig>
</configuration>

Maybe I am misunderstanding the instructions?

Thanks in advance.

David

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Ah, yes, my mistake, the example app.config has a part missing. You can copy the change across from the commit I just made.

http://sasync.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/13829

Sorry about that!

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Hi..

Well it seems that I am getting closer and closer to making this work...

1.  I have compiled SaJiraSync with framework v4 completely.

2.  I have made an account with atlassian.net and using the hosted version... It looks like this.   https://trafficbrowser.atlassian.net  I still have no clue what version this is?  How do you tell?

3.  In Smart Assembly v6 under Tools->Options at the very bottom of the screen;  I checked  "I want to use my own web server"  but I left the default url there..  http://sawebservice.red-gate.com/

4.  Looking at this page   http://sasync.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Configuring%20sajirasync  I was not able to do #5  I suspect this only applies if I don't have redgate host the web service?

5.  I compiled my program with Smarty Assembly again and crashed it on purpose so it would generate a report.  Then I started SaJiraSync.exe  and it generated this output.

2012-01-16 18:28:01,044 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Started
2012-01-16 18:28:01,135 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Downloading unprocessed rep
orts
2012-01-16 18:28:01,959 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository SmartAssembly v
2012-01-16 18:28:02,012 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Copyright c Red
 Gate Software 2005-2011
2012-01-16 18:28:04,117 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-16 18:28:04,170 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-16 18:28:04,221 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository ------ Download
ing Error Reports ------
2012-01-16 18:28:04,272 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-16 18:28:04,323 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Connecting...
2012-01-16 18:28:05,057 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Secured login a
t http://sawebservice.red-gate.com/
2012-01-16 18:28:05,572 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Connecting to t
he web services at http://sawebservice.red-gate.com/
2012-01-16 18:28:05,846 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Getting report
IDs.
2012-01-16 18:28:06,656 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Downloading rep
ort 1 of 1.
2012-01-16 18:28:07,059 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository   Decrypting.
2012-01-16 18:28:07,993 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository   Updating data
base.
2012-01-16 18:28:08,045 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository   Deleting repo
rt on server.
2012-01-16 18:28:08,363 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Download finish
ed. 1 report(s) downloaded.
2012-01-16 18:28:08,417 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository ---------------
-------- Done -----------------------
2012-01-16 18:28:08,469 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-16 18:28:08,520 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository     Download: 1
 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped
2012-01-16 18:28:09,121 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-16 18:28:09,183 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Downloading reports took 8s
2012-01-16 18:28:09,184 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Connecting to JIRA
2012-01-16 18:28:10,828 [1] FATAL SaJiraSync.Program Exiting
System.ServiceModel.ProtocolException: The content type text/html;charset=UTF-8
of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (text/xml
; charset=utf-8). If using a custom encoder, be sure that the IsContentTypeSuppo
rted method is implemented properly. The first 142 bytes of the response were: '
<h1>jirasoapservice-v2</h1>
<p>Hi there, this is an AXIS service!</p>
<i>Perhaps there will be a form for invoking the service here...</i>
'.

Server stack trace:
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ValidateRequestReplyResp
onse(HttpWebRequest request, HttpWebResponse response, HttpChannelFactory factor
y, WebException responseException, ChannelBinding channelBinding)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpCha
nnelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeS
pan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message messag
e, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean on
eway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan tim
eout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCall
Message methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage req
Msg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgDa
ta, Int32 type)
   at Jira.JiraSoap.JiraSoapService.login(loginRequest request)
   at Jira.JiraSoap.JiraSoapServiceClient.Jira.JiraSoap.JiraSoapService.login(lo
ginRequest request) in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\Service R
eferences\JiraSoap\Reference.cs:line 7454
   at Jira.JiraSoap.JiraSoapServiceClient.login(String in0, String in1) in C:\Us
ers\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\Service References\JiraSoap\Reference
.cs:line 7461
   at Jira.JiraConnection..ctor(String userName, String password) in C:\Users\Ea
ton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\JiraConnection.cs:line 33
   at SaJiraSync.Program.RunOnce(IDynamicValueCompiler`1 dynamicValueCompiler, J
iraConfig jiraConfig, IEmailSender emailSender, CloserSection closerSection, IEn
umerable`1 plugins, EmailSection emailSection, DownloadStatisticsWarningSection
downloadStatisticsWarningSection) in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\
SaJiraSync\Program.cs:line 170
iraSection jiraSection, EmailSection emailSection, DownloadStatisticsWarningSect
ion downloadStatisticsWarningSection, CloserSection closerSection, IEnumerable`1
 plugins) in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\SaJiraSync\Program.cs:li
ne 152
n C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\SaJiraSync\Program.cs:line 122
JiraSync\Program.cs:line 42

Checking Jira I noticed it created 1 report.  But there was not any information in the report..    So I am doing something wrong.. just not sure what..

Am I missing something?

Hey Guys I really do appreciate you working with me on this...

Thanks

David

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Hi, glad to see you're nearly there.

2. I think hosted JIRA is using a version of JIRA 5 at the moment. It usually says at the bottom of each page

3. Shouldn't be necessary, but shouldn't do any harm

4. This is necessary. I've never tested SA Sync for JIRA using an mdb file as the database of SA, we've always used SQL Server. Either way it's necessary to add that column. The password for the mdb file is 7f465a1c156d4d57 if you need it. There's some details about the different databases and where they are here: http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/Content?p=SmartAssembly&c=SmartAssembly\knowledgebase\sa_moving_to_different_computer.htm

5. The crash looks like it might be that the endpoint address configured for your jira server is wrong, or the hosted JIRA just doesn't support the SOAP interface. Perhaps if it is JIRA5, you could switch to the REST interface instead by reversing http://sasync.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/13716

From looking at the log, it doesn't say that it managed to create a report yet. Perhaps it got closer on a previous run.

Thanks,

Alex

Jan 17, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Hi alex.

1.  I don't see the version on the hosted version at the bottom of the page.

2.  Can you give me the changes for the .mdb version, the sql version does not work when I run that query.  I tried to modify it manually and notice a huge difference and deleted my changes and asking for help.

3.  I modified my files as per these changes... http://sasync.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/13716

Here is the console out put now.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop>cd C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\SaJiraSync\b
in\x86\Debug

2012-01-17 06:53:04,212 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Started
2012-01-17 06:53:04,330 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Downloading unprocessed rep
orts
2012-01-17 06:53:05,088 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository SmartAssembly v
2012-01-17 06:53:05,139 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Copyright c Red
 Gate Software 2005-2012
2012-01-17 06:53:07,092 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-17 06:53:07,143 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-17 06:53:07,194 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository ------ Download
ing Error Reports ------
2012-01-17 06:53:07,247 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-17 06:53:07,298 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Connecting...
2012-01-17 06:53:08,167 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Secured login a
2012-01-17 06:53:08,745 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Connecting to t
2012-01-17 06:53:09,475 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Downloaded 1 re
ports.
2012-01-17 06:53:09,527 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Processing repo
rt 1 of 1.
2012-01-17 06:53:09,580 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository   Decrypting.
2012-01-17 06:53:10,273 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository   Updating data
base.
2012-01-17 06:53:10,325 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-17 06:53:10,376 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Deleting 1 repo
rts from server.
2012-01-17 06:53:10,428 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-17 06:53:10,542 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Download finish
2012-01-17 06:53:10,595 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository ---------------
2012-01-17 06:53:10,656 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-17 06:53:10,710 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository     Download: 1
2012-01-17 06:53:11,688 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-17 06:53:11,741 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Downloading reports took 7s
2012-01-17 06:53:11,742 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Connecting to JIRA
2012-01-17 06:53:14,290 [1] FATAL SaJiraSync.Program Exiting
System.Net.ProtocolViolationException: Content-Length or Chunked Encoding cannot
 be set for an operation that does not write data.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckProtocol(Boolean onRequestStream)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at JiraRest.WebClient.SendHttp(String url, String content, String method) in
C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\JiraRest\WebClient.cs:line 43
   at JiraRest.WebClient.Post(String url, String content) in C:\Users\Eaton_Lapt
op\Desktop\sasync-13802\JiraRest\WebClient.cs:line 21
   at JiraRest.JiraConnection.Post(String query, String content) in C:\Users\Eat
on_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\JiraRest\JiraConnection.cs:line 91
   at JiraRest.JiraConnection.Auth(String query, String content) in C:\Users\Eat
on_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\JiraRest\JiraConnection.cs:line 101
   at JiraRest.JiraConnection..ctor(String userName, String password, String jir
aServer, WebClient webClient) in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira
Rest\JiraConnection.cs:line 38
iraConfig jiraConfig, IEmailSender emailSender, CloserSection closerSection, IEn
downloadStatisticsWarningSection) in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\
SaJiraSync\Program.cs:line 172
iraSection jiraSection, EmailSection emailSection, DownloadStatisticsWarningSect
ion downloadStatisticsWarningSection, CloserSection closerSection, IEnumerable`1
 plugins) in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\SaJiraSync\Program.cs:li
ne 154
n C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\SaJiraSync\Program.cs:line 123
JiraSync\Program.cs:line 43

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2012 at 2:25 PM

2. You can manually add the column using Access

I'm afraid that as an open-source tool, SA Sync for JIRA isn't formally supported by red gate, and at this point, I can't debug what the problem is. If I were you, I'd experiment with using JIRA's REST interface manually, perhaps contact Atlassian to find which version of JIRA you're using, and use the Visual Studio debugger to work out what the problem is.

Best of luck,

Alex

Jan 17, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Edited Jan 17, 2012 at 2:49 PM

If the mdb modification dont work out, I assume I would need to get a sql server to run this..

would something like this work?  http://myhosting.com/web-hosting/sql-databases.aspx or can you suggest a better option?

currently I am the only developer and I would keep JIRA hosted with atlassian.com keeping the private state, and from what I understand is that the SQL server is needed so I don't have to use Red-Gate's

I was just wondering, does a SQL server have to be used?  Is there anyway to use a PHP / MYSQL database?  (my current host and my entire development process already supports this and is way cheaper)

What is required in setting up a sql server to work with Red-Gate SmartAssembly, maybe I can port this over myself.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Give it a go with an mdb file as you are. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Jan 17, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Hi Alex.

I modified the mdb file.. see the screen shot.

http://trafficbrowser.com/resources/red-gate/sajirasyn/configuredAccessFile.png

Still getting the same rest errors. 

I just got of the phone with Atlassian in San Francisco and they said it was the JIRA version was 4.4.1  the 5.x version is RC1 stable and is not available for OnDemand yet.

What changes would I need to make to get this working for 4.4.1 versions.

Thanks,

David

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2012 at 4:13 PM

You'd need to go back to the SOAP API version again. It's never been tested against 4.4 (I didn't even know that existed). I've only tried it with 4.3 and 5.0.

Perhaps tell the Atlassian support person that you're writing against their SOAP API, and tell them that error about

Hi there, this is an AXIS service!
Jan 17, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Great..  I will take a look at the soap when I get back to the office.  At least we narrowed it down..

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I found the manual online - http://docs.atlassian.com/rpc-jira-plugin/4.4/com/atlassian/jira/rpc/soap/JiraSoapService.html

Looking at the soap services, I noticed that still had a test url..  I changed the soap reference from ...

http://clivetest.testnet:8080/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2?wsdl

to

http://trafficbrowser.atlassian.net/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2?wsdl

Now I get 65 errors and 489 warnings...  Here is a snip

Error	1	The type or namespace name 'RemoteIssue' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\JiraBugDef.cs	8	26	Jira
Error	2	The type or namespace name 'RemoteIssue' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\JiraBugDef.cs	10	103	Jira
Error	3	The type or namespace name 'RemoteIssue' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\JiraProductLink.cs	12	26	Jira
Error	4	The type or namespace name 'RemoteIssue' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\JiraBug.cs	15	26	Jira
Error	5	The type or namespace name 'RemoteIssue' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\JiraProductLink.cs	16	65	Jira
Error	6	The type or namespace name 'RemoteIssue' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\JiraBug.cs	17	76	Jira
Error	7	The type or namespace name 'RemoteIssue' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\JiraUtils.cs	18	47	Jira
Error	8	The type or namespace name 'RemoteIssue' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\JiraBugDef.cs	19	18	Jira
Error	9	The type or namespace name 'RemoteIssue' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\JiraProductLink.cs	55	18	Jira
Error	10	The type or namespace name 'RemoteFieldValue' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\JiraBug.cs	73	75	Jira
Warning	11	Field 'JiraRest.JiraConnection.m_ResolutionNameToId' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value null	C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\JiraRest\JiraConnection.cs	24	54	JiraRest
Error	12	Metadata file 'C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\bin\x86\Debug\Jira.dll' could not be found	JiraPresentation
Error	13	Metadata file 'C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\bin\x86\Debug\Jira.dll' could not be found	Tests
Error	14	Metadata file 'C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\JiraPresentation\bin\x86\Debug\JiraPresentation.dll' could not be found	Tests
Error	15	Metadata file 'C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\JiraPresentation\bin\x86\Debug\JiraPresentation.dll' could not be found	SaJiraSync
Error	16	Metadata file 'C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\bin\x86\Debug\Jira.dll' could not be found	SaJiraSync
Warning	17	Custom tool warning: Fault named RemoteException in operation getComment cannot be imported. Unsupported WSDL, the fault message part must reference an element. This fault message does not reference an element. If you have edit access to the WSDL document, you can fix the problem by referencing a schema element using the 'element' attribute.	C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\Service References\JiraSoap\Reference.svcmap	1	1	Jira
Warning	18	Custom tool warning: The optional WSDL extension element 'body' from namespace 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/' was not handled.
XPath: //wsdl:definitions[@targetNamespace='https://trafficbrowser.atlassian.net/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2']/wsdl:binding[@name='jirasoapservice-v2SoapBinding']/wsdl:operation[@name='getComment']/wsdl:input[@name='getCommentRequest']	C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\Service References\JiraSoap\Reference.svcmap	1	1	Jira
Warning	19	Custom tool warning: The optional WSDL extension element 'body' from namespace 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/' was not handled.
XPath: //wsdl:definitions[@targetNamespace='https://trafficbrowser.atlassian.net/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2']/wsdl:binding[@name='jirasoapservice-v2SoapBinding']/wsdl:operation[@name='getComment']/wsdl:output[@name='getCommentResponse']	C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\Service References\JiraSoap\Reference.svcmap	1	1	Jira
Warning	20	Custom tool warning: The optional WSDL extension element 'fault' from namespace 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/' was not handled.
XPath: //wsdl:definitions[@targetNamespace='https://trafficbrowser.atlassian.net/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2']/wsdl:binding[@name='jirasoapservice-v2SoapBinding']/wsdl:operation[@name='getComment']/wsdl:fault[@name='RemoteException']	C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\sasync-13802\Jira\Service References\JiraSoap\Reference.svcmap	1	1	Jira
Warning	21	Custom tool warning: The optional WSDL extension element 'body' from namespace 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/' was not handled.

Any Ideas?

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2012 at 12:44 PM

It looks like the service reference has gone funny. Try remaking it. I don't really know anything about service references.

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:39 AM
Edited Jan 19, 2012 at 5:41 AM

Hi.

Well I just found out you could install this on your on local machine.

So I downloaded and configured 5.X RC2.  I now have JIRA installed on my Windows 7 64 bit machine, with the database on my server in Mysql

Here is what I did...

1.   I downloaded a fresh copy of the source.. 13829 

2.  then I converted them all back to framework v4 

3. All the "Tuple" references in code, had to be renamed "Utilities.Tuple" because of ambiguous references

4.  Followed all the setup docs just like I did before..

5. Created a new error on purpose from SA

Here is my New Errors from Console.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop>cd C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13
829\Build\Debug

C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13829\Build\Debug>saJiraSyn
c
2012-01-19 00:27:12,215 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Started
2012-01-19 00:27:12,312 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Downloading unprocessed rep
orts
2012-01-19 00:27:14,160 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository SmartAssembly v
2012-01-19 00:27:14,211 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Copyright c Red
 Gate Software 2005-2012
2012-01-19 00:27:15,745 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-19 00:27:15,796 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-19 00:27:15,847 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository ------ Download
ing Error Reports ------
2012-01-19 00:27:15,897 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-19 00:27:15,948 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Connecting...
2012-01-19 00:27:17,463 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Secured login a
2012-01-19 00:27:18,041 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Connecting to t
2012-01-19 00:27:18,702 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Downloaded 1 re
ports.
2012-01-19 00:27:18,755 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Processing repo
rt 1 of 1.
2012-01-19 00:27:18,806 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository   Decrypting.
2012-01-19 00:27:19,623 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository   Updating data
base.
2012-01-19 00:27:19,674 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-19 00:27:19,726 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Deleting 1 repo
rts from server.
2012-01-19 00:27:19,777 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-19 00:27:19,899 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Download finish
2012-01-19 00:27:19,952 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository ---------------
2012-01-19 00:27:20,003 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-19 00:27:20,053 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository     Download: 1
2012-01-19 00:27:21,006 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-19 00:27:21,058 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Downloading reports took 8s
2012-01-19 00:27:21,059 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Connecting to JIRA
2012-01-19 00:27:30,096 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Syncing unprocessed reports
 to JIRA
2012-01-19 00:27:30,114 [1] INFO  Engine.SyncEngine Found 0 linked products
2012-01-19 00:27:30,121 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Closing reports in JIRA
2012-01-19 00:27:30,333 [1] FATAL SaJiraSync.Program Exiting
System.ServiceModel.FaultException: com.atlassian.jira.rpc.exception.RemoteValid
ationException: Query validation failed: The value 'SOC' does not exist for the
field 'project'.

Server stack trace:
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRunt
ime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean on
eway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan tim
eout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCall
Message methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage req
Msg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgDa
ta, Int32 type)
   at Jira.JiraSoap.JiraSoapService.getIssuesFromJqlSearch(getIssuesFromJqlSearc
hRequest request)
   at Jira.JiraSoap.JiraSoapServiceClient.Jira.JiraSoap.JiraSoapService.getIssue
sFromJqlSearch(getIssuesFromJqlSearchRequest request) in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\D
esktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13829\Jira\Service References\JiraSoap\Reference.c
s:line 8625
   at Jira.JiraSoap.JiraSoapServiceClient.getIssuesFromJqlSearch(String in0, Str
ing in1, Int32 in2) in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-1382
9\Jira\Service References\JiraSoap\Reference.cs:line 8633
   at Jira.JiraBugTracker.Search(String value) in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\
JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13829\Jira\JiraBugTracker.cs:line 313
   at Engine.CloseEngine`2.CloseReportsInBugTracker() in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\D
esktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13829\Engine\CloseEngine.cs:line 28
downloadStatisticsWarningSection) in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALO
NE\sasync-13829\SaJiraSync\Program.cs:line 183
 plugins) in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13829\SaJiraSy
nc\Program.cs:line 152
n C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13829\SaJiraSync\Program.
cs:line 122
   at SaJiraSync.Program.Main() in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALONE
\sasync-13829\SaJiraSync\Program.cs:line 42

C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13829\Build\Debug>

Did I miss a setting some where?  

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Oops, there's a configuration setting in the example app.config that's specific to red gate, but wasn't commented out. I've updated the version in svn

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Edited Jan 20, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Well I am still getting some errors but it seems that I am talking to my JIRA now, it creates a ticket but with no info about crash.

Here is my console error.

C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13829\Build\Debug>sajirasyn
c
2012-01-19 19:52:53,387 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Started
2012-01-19 19:52:53,479 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Downloading unprocessed rep
orts
2012-01-19 19:52:55,659 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository SmartAssembly v
2012-01-19 19:52:55,710 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Copyright c Red
 Gate Software 2005-2012
2012-01-19 19:52:57,240 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-19 19:52:57,291 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-19 19:52:57,342 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository ------ Download
ing Error Reports ------
2012-01-19 19:52:57,393 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-19 19:52:57,445 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Connecting...
2012-01-19 19:52:58,132 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Secured login a
2012-01-19 19:52:58,748 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Connecting to t
2012-01-19 19:52:59,517 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Downloaded 1 re
ports.
2012-01-19 19:52:59,568 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Processing repo
rt 1 of 1.
2012-01-19 19:52:59,619 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository   Decrypting.
2012-01-19 19:53:00,334 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository   Updating data
base.
2012-01-19 19:53:00,386 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-19 19:53:00,438 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Deleting 1 repo
rts from server.
2012-01-19 19:53:00,489 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-19 19:53:00,651 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Download finish
2012-01-19 19:53:00,703 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository ---------------
2012-01-19 19:53:00,755 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-19 19:53:00,807 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository     Download: 1
2012-01-19 19:53:01,418 [1] INFO  SmartAssembly.ReportRepository
2012-01-19 19:53:01,475 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Downloading reports took 7s
2012-01-19 19:53:01,476 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Connecting to JIRA
2012-01-19 19:53:08,489 [1] INFO  Jira.JiraProductLink Reading TRAFFICBROWSER-2
2012-01-19 19:53:13,516 [1] INFO  Jira.JiraProductLink Prettified description fo
r TRAFFICBROWSER-2
2012-01-19 19:53:13,525 [1] INFO  SaJiraSync.Program Syncing unprocessed reports
 to JIRA
2012-01-19 19:53:13,563 [1] INFO  Engine.SyncEngine Found 1 linked products
2012-01-19 19:53:13,565 [1] INFO  Engine.SyncEngine Getting unprocessed reports
for TrafficBrowser since 12/31/9999 23:59:59
2012-01-19 19:53:21,088 [1] FATAL SaJiraSync.Program Exiting
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException (0x80040E14): Syntax error (missing operator) i
n query expression 'dbo.ExceptionReports.ProjectID = dbo.Projects.ID
INNER JOIN dbo.Builds ON dbo.ExceptionReports.AssemblyID = dbo.Builds.AssemblyID
'.
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(OleDbHResul
t hr)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPARA
MS dbParams, Object& executeResult)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, Ob
ject& executeResult)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behav
ior, String method)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavio
r)
   at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader()
   at SmartAssembly.SDK.Database.ExecuteReader(String sql, Object[] values)
   at SmartAssembly.ReportRepository.<GetUnprocessedReports>d__2.MoveNext() in C
:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13829\SmartAssembly\ReportRe
pository.cs:line 64
   at Engine.SyncEngine`2.SyncReportsToBugTracker() in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Des
ktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13829\Engine\SyncEngine.cs:line 98
downloadStatisticsWarningSection) in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALO
NE\sasync-13829\SaJiraSync\Program.cs:line 178
 plugins) in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13829\SaJiraSy
nc\Program.cs:line 152
n C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13829\SaJiraSync\Program.
cs:line 122
   at SaJiraSync.Program.Main() in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALONE
\sasync-13829\SaJiraSync\Program.cs:line 42

C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13829\Build\Debug>sajirasyn c 2012-01-19 20:00:00,398 [1] INFO SaJiraSync.Program Started 2012-01-19 20:00:00,489 [1] INFO SaJiraSync.Program Downloading unprocessed rep orts 2012-01-19 20:00:03,464 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository SmartAssembly v 6.6.0.144 2012-01-19 20:00:03,533 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Copyright c Red Gate Software 2005-2012 2012-01-19 20:00:05,059 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository 2012-01-19 20:00:05,111 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository 2012-01-19 20:00:05,161 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository ------ Download ing Error Reports ------ 2012-01-19 20:00:05,212 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository 2012-01-19 20:00:05,263 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Connecting... 2012-01-19 20:00:07,186 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Secured login a t http://sawebservice.red-gate.com/ 2012-01-19 20:00:07,818 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Connecting to t he web services at http://sawebservice.red-gate.com/ 2012-01-19 20:00:08,566 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Downloaded 1 re ports. 2012-01-19 20:00:08,620 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Processing repo rt 1 of 1. 2012-01-19 20:00:08,671 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Decrypting. 2012-01-19 20:00:09,502 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Updating data base. 2012-01-19 20:00:09,554 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository 2012-01-19 20:00:09,605 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Deleting 1 repo rts from server. 2012-01-19 20:00:09,656 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository 2012-01-19 20:00:09,800 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Download finish ed. 1 report(s) downloaded. 2012-01-19 20:00:09,853 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository --------------- -------- Done ----------------------- 2012-01-19 20:00:09,905 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository 2012-01-19 20:00:09,956 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository Download: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped 2012-01-19 20:00:10,960 [1] INFO SmartAssembly.ReportRepository 2012-01-19 20:00:11,026 [1] INFO SaJiraSync.Program Downloading reports took 10 s. 2012-01-19 20:00:11,027 [1] INFO SaJiraSync.Program Connecting to JIRA 2012-01-19 20:00:17,565 [1] INFO Jira.JiraProductLink Reading TRAFFICBROWSER-2 2012-01-19 20:00:17,874 [1] INFO SaJiraSync.Program Syncing unprocessed reports to JIRA 2012-01-19 20:00:17,890 [1] INFO Engine.SyncEngine Found 1 linked products 2012-01-19 20:00:17,893 [1] INFO Engine.SyncEngine Getting unprocessed reports for TrafficBrowser since 12/31/9999 23:59:59 2012-01-19 20:00:26,080 [1] FATAL SaJiraSync.Program Exiting System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException (0x80040E14): Syntax error (missing operator) i n query expression 'dbo.ExceptionReports.ProjectID = dbo.Projects.ID INNER JOIN dbo.Builds ON dbo.ExceptionReports.AssemblyID = dbo.Builds.AssemblyID '. at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(OleDbHResul t hr) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPARA MS dbParams, Object& executeResult) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, Ob ject& executeResult) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behav ior, String method) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavio r) at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader() at SmartAssembly.SDK.Database.ExecuteReader(String sql, Object[] values) at SmartAssembly.ReportRepository.<GetUnprocessedReports>d__2.MoveNext() in C :\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13829\SmartAssembly\ReportRe pository.cs:line 64 at Engine.SyncEngine`2.SyncReportsToBugTracker() in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Des ktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13829\Engine\SyncEngine.cs:line 98 at SaJiraSync.Program.RunOnce(IDynamicValueCompiler`1 dynamicValueCompiler, J iraConfig jiraConfig, IEmailSender emailSender, CloserSection closerSection, IEn umerable`1 plugins, EmailSection emailSection, DownloadStatisticsWarningSection downloadStatisticsWarningSection) in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALO NE\sasync-13829\SaJiraSync\Program.cs:line 178 at SaJiraSync.Program.RunOnce(IDynamicValueCompiler`1 dynamicValueCompiler, J iraSection jiraSection, EmailSection emailSection, DownloadStatisticsWarningSect ion downloadStatisticsWarningSection, CloserSection closerSection, IEnumerable`1 plugins) in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13829\SaJiraSy nc\Program.cs:line 152 at SaJiraSync.Program.RunOnce(IDynamicValueCompiler`1 dynamicValueCompiler) i n C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13829\SaJiraSync\Program. cs:line 122 at SaJiraSync.Program.Main() in C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALONE \sasync-13829\SaJiraSync\Program.cs:line 42 C:\Users\Eaton_Laptop\Desktop\JIRA_STANDALONE\sasync-13829\Build\Debug>

I do notice that right before it errors out, it brings up the reminder window that smart assembly is a trial, when I click ok, I get the errors above.

Thanks in advance.

David

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2012 at 8:43 AM

That looks like an error caused by the syntax differences between SQL that works on a SQL Server, and SQL that works on a .mdb file.

You have two options, either find the SQL in the code and edit it to work with a .mdb file, or upgrade to a SQL Server for your database. I recommend moving to a SQL server, since it's more robust and performant in the long run. If the data already in your .mdb file is important to you, there are details on moving it here: http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=12606